Shimizusawa Thermal Power Plant
Originally owned and operated by Hokutan, Hokkaido Colliery & Steamship Co, Shimizusawa Thermal Power Plant was built in 1926 and served as a power supply to the many surrounding coal mines in Shimizusawa and Yubari, producing 6000KW of energy output.
White Bay Power Station
White Bay Power Station was built in three distinct phases of construction, starting from 1912 onwards, as a means of producing power to supply Sydney’s ever growing railway and tramway system.
Geelong B Power Station
Geelong B Power Station was opened in 1954 and for a time was the largest power station in Victoria. Originally fired by brown coal, it was eventually converted to be fuelled with briquettes, transported from the Latrobe Valley.