Bathurst Gasworks was originally built to compete with a privately owned gasworks following complaints relating to the cost and quality of the gas being produced.
White Bay Power Station
White Bay Power Station was built in three distinct phases of construction, starting from 1912 onwards, as a means of producing power to supply Sydney’s ever growing railway and tramway system.
West Ryde Pumping Station
West Ryde Pumping Station itself is still in operation and plays a vital role in supplying potable water to the northern suburbs of Sydney. It is the largest of it’s kind in the southern hemisphere.
Geelong B Power Station
Geelong B Power Station was opened in 1954 and for a time was the largest power station in Victoria. Originally fired by brown coal, it was eventually converted to be fuelled with briquettes, transported from the Latrobe Valley.